“We Define Landscape Design”
“The Association of Professional Landscape Designers (APLD) is an international organization founded in 1989. Our mission is to advance the profession of landscape design and to promote the recognition of landscape designers as qualified and dedicated professionals. APLD members adhere to a code of professional standards, encourage continuing education, and stay up to date about new developments and latest trends throughout the field.” …from the APLD Website
Standards of Practice
All APLD members agree to the standards of practice listed below:
- Advance landscape design through continuing professional education and the exchange of knowledge with colleagues.
- Utilize personal knowledge and skills for the greatest good of clients.
- Be truthful in oral or written statements about the services we offer clients.
- Encourage practices that protect the environment and discourage damage to our natural resources.
- Be loyal to clients or employers and faithfully perform assigned tasks.
- Avoid uninformed opinions on any issues relating to landscape design.
- Avoid unfounded statements or criticism of colleagues for personal gain.
- Encourage participation in public service activities to educate the public about good landscape design and sound horticultural practices.
- Conduct all matters relating to landscape design activities, business operations, and civic responsibilities in a way that promotes the status of landscape design as a respected profession.